Next week at my bootcamp we are running a Super Bootcamp Week. It is the last week that bootcamp will run for the year so we wanted to finish with a bang.
The idea was inspired by the Bootcamp Alliance‘s evolution weeks. We are running our bootcamp every single day (MTWTF) and challenging our clients to participate in each one.
To keep it fun I am theming all of the workouts in the spirit of the holidays starting with the one below. I’ll be sharing more over the next week including a bonus one just for the mailing list so make sure you sign up if you are not already on there.
12 Days of Christmas
Type: Strength, Fun!
Time: 60 minutes
Pre-Workout Set Up
Print off 12 sheets (click for PDF sample) with “On the ___ day of Christmas my trainer gave to me: ______” printed on them. Fill out these cards using the exercises below or exercises of your own choosing.
We are running 45 minute sessions now, I picked exercises that most of the campers will already know so we could save some time on demonstrating.
800 (1/2 mile) run followed by warrior lunges, high knee skipping, jumping jacks and frog squats.
This workout operates like the song ‘The 12 Days Of Christmas‘.
Set up 12 stations in a row or ‘U’ shape. Place appropriate equipment at each station.
All clients start by just completing station 1. Then they complete station 2 and then station 1. Then station 3, station 2 and station 1, just like the order of the days in the song.
Challenge your fittest clients to complete all 12 versus (their last round will be stations 1 to 12) by the end of the workout.
- 10 Squats
- 10 Walking Lunges (5 each leg)
- 10 Hand Release Push Ups
- 10 Sea Turtles
- 10 Jump Squats
- Lateral Plank Walk – 6m each way
- 7 Band Shoulder Presses (alt.: use DBs)
- 8 Deck Squats (easier alt.: come up in a lunge by tucking one leg underneath you as you roll up)
- 9 Head Banger Push Ups (in downwards dog position)
- 10 x 10m shuttles (100m total running)
- 11 Burpees
- Bear Crawl – 12 crawls forwards, 12 crawls backwards
- If you are running short on time, half the number of reps on stations 3 to 6.
- Sing the song backwards by starting with all 12 stations and working your way down to just one.
- Give this workout as an at-home challenge for your clients leading up to Christmas. Get them to start by just doing exercise 1 on December 13. Then exercises 1 and 2 on December 14 and so on.
Have you got any special workouts planned for Christmas? Send them in or share in the comments below.
Image: Mikko Luntiala