Don’t have a lot of room for running? The all-versatile Jump Rope is my go-to piece of equipment for cardio when space is limited but sweat is not.
This workout is made up of just 8 exercises. The catch is that campers must Jump Rope in between each exercise.
Remind boot campers to go at their own pace and take breaks when needed. During strength exercises form over speed should be emphasized.
If completed all the way through, that’s a total of 1200 Skips!
Don’t Skip A Beat!
Time: 45 Minutes (Including Warm Up, Explanation Time and Cool Down)
Equipment: Weights, Jump Ropes
Format: AMRAP – at own pace
Jog in Place, Squats, Lunges, Hamstring Kicks, Walkout to Spider Lunges, Push Ups to Side Rotations, Jumping Jacks
20 to 25 minutes
Basic Jump Rope Skips between EVERY exercise!
Round 1: 100 Jump Rope Skips in between each exercise
Round 2: 50 Jump Rope Skips in between each exercise
*Round 3: (Advanced only!) 10 Double Unders in between each exercise
(*Advanced clients will finish in around 20 minutes, Intermediates around 25 minutes. Beginners can modify by reducing the skip count depending on their ability.)
10 reps each total (if two-sided, 5 on each side)
- Half Kneeling 1-Arm Vertical Press (Weight will be in the hand of the side that the knee is up.)
- Bear Squats (Starting in tabletop position, tuck toes and lift knees just an inch or two off the ground. Keeping knees from drifting away from the ground, push hips back towards heels, then return shoulders over wrists for one rep.)
- Push Up Row Rotation (Execute a Push Up, followed by a Plank Row. Transition the Row into a Side Plank, then rotate back down to Push Up position. Repeat on other arm. 5 on each side.)
- Dead Bug
- 1-Leg Deadlift
- Half Kneeling Tricep Extension
- Plank Walk (Walk in a Plank position 5 steps left, then 5 steps right for 10 total.)
- Broad Jump + Backwards Bear Crawl