For today’s workout you just need a hill. Preferably around 30-40 yards long and fairly steep.
It’s laid out like a more traditional workout with rounds rather then ascending reps or competition. Great for those group of clients who don’t like to keep count or play games.
Time: 45 minutes
Jog and then NSEW warm up.
Set up 3 cones on your hill. A red one at the top for advanced campers to run to, a yellow one three quarters up the hill for intermediate campers to run to and a green cone half way up for beginners to run to.
Campers will use these cones for all 4 drills.
Take drinks between each round.
1. Walking lunge up hill – walk/slow run back down
2. Then at the bottom of the hill:
- 15 mountain climbers (each leg)
- 10 lateral stepping push ups – push up, step hands and feet to the left, push up, step hands and feet to the right = 2 reps
Complete 5 rounds
1. Do 20, 15 or 10 squats (depending on camper’s fitness level) at the bottom of the hill
2. Sprint to your cone on the hill – walk back down
Complete 4 rounds
1. At the bottom of the hill:
- 10x 1 leg SLDL (stiff leg deadlift) (L+R=2)
- 10x Jet Stars
2. Backpedal up hill – walk down
Complete 3 rounds
1. Broad jumps up hill just half way to assigned cone – walk down
2. 10 hollow rocks
Complete 2 rounds
In case you missed it I’m running 30 days of Bootcamp Ideas on the Bootcamp Ideas Instagram account.
Here are some posts from the last week:
- Day 5 – Never Water Yourself Down
- Day 6 – Medball/bosu combo from @tarrynlucasfitness
- Day 7 – Cone game!
- Day 8 – Bear crawls
- Day 9 – Partner Pistols
Make sure you follow me on Instagram to see the remaining 3 weeks of ideas.
Images: Bootcamp SE16 | Stave Hill