To add some variety to your boxing sessions, try to include a co-ordinated drill that involves some sort of combo. This is a very basic boxing bootcamp workout for all levels.
Goals: Boxing HIIT
Duration: 1 hour
Gloves and focus pads, mats, kick pads
Boxing gear pick up
- Each pair must run out and grab one piece of equipment at a time.
- Exercise is complete once the pair has one set of mits, one set of gloves and two sets of under gloves.
Don’t forget to switch boxers and pad holders after each drill.
Punch and run:
- Set up 3 cones in a line around 10 metres apart.
- Pad holders divide up between the two outer cones and boxes start in the middle.
- Boxers run in between pad holders after performing punches.
- Cycle through 10 punches of high/middle/low hits, hooks and upper cuts.
One knee punch:
- Start in a kneeling lunge position.
- Punches: cycle through middle jab/crosses for 2,4,6,8,10,8,6,4,2.
- In between each set of punches tuck your back knee under you and roll back onto your shoulder blades. Use your abs and momentum to then roll back up into a one knee kneeling position.
Simple combo punch
- Boxer: Jab, cross, left hook, cross.
- Pad holder: After the boxer performs their punches, swipe at their head with your left forcing them to duck and weave.
- Switch stance after a minute or so.
- Have boxer lean into the kickpad. Kickpad holder is to push back.
- Boxer pushes the kickpad holder while punching 10 times before switching hands.
Punch and burpees (finisher):
- 2,4,6,8,10,8,6,4,2 punches.
- Matching number of burpees between each set.
- Table top
- Russian twist