This workout is an entry to this year’s Bootcamp Ideas Competition. It has been submitted by Theresa Prior from Melbourne, Australia.
BURPEE-DICE by the Dashboard Light
Drill Length: 6 minutes
Drill Category: Finisher
Equipment needed: Clothes Pegs, Cones, Dice
How it works:
- Set cones/markers out at 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 + 60m away from start area (in a line eg. along a path, is fine).
- Each cone represents a roll of the dice (ie. 20m = 2).
- Split campers into teams of 5/6 (numbers don’t really matter, just aim for an even number in each team). Get teams to have a team name.
- Campers working individually for their team. But get team mates to keep encourage each other.
- Each camper rolls the dice.
- Start 2 minute timer and ‘GO!’
- On ‘GO’ each camper runs to that cone (remember, eg. 20m = 2) and does that many burpees, then runs back to start area to collect that many pegs (for points).
- After they’ve collected their own pegs, they roll the dice again to find out which cone they’re going to next. Campers go at their own pace – they don’t need to wait for anyone.
- Continue for 2 minutes. Stop timer and count points.
- Play for three rounds!
I’m a mother of two, a wife, an ex-primary school teacher and a lover of the outdoors. I run a women’s only group fitness business in north-west Melbourne and have done since 2013. And honestly, we have the best group of women that you’ll ever meet as our members!
Kyle Wood created Bootcamp Ideas in 2010 when he was hunting around on the internet for workout ideas. He ran a successful bootcamp in Victoria, Australia and spends his spare time managing this site, adventuring (or lazying) with his wife and find new ways to make bootcamps even better.