This workout is an entry to this year’s Bootcamp Ideas Competition. It has been submitted by Theresa Prior from Melbourne, Australia.
BURPEE-DICE by the Dashboard Light
Drill Length: 6 minutes
Drill Category: Finisher
Equipment needed: Clothes Pegs, Cones, Dice
How it works:
- Set cones/markers out at 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 + 60m away from start area (in a line eg. along a path, is fine).
- Each cone represents a roll of the dice (ie. 20m = 2).
- Split campers into teams of 5/6 (numbers don’t really matter, just aim for an even number in each team). Get teams to have a team name.
- Campers working individually for their team. But get team mates to keep encourage each other.
- Each camper rolls the dice.
- Start 2 minute timer and ‘GO!’
- On ‘GO’ each camper runs to that cone (remember, eg. 20m = 2) and does that many burpees, then runs back to start area to collect that many pegs (for points).
- After they’ve collected their own pegs, they roll the dice again to find out which cone they’re going to next. Campers go at their own pace – they don’t need to wait for anyone.
- Continue for 2 minutes. Stop timer and count points.
- Play for three rounds!
I’m a mother of two, a wife, an ex-primary school teacher and a lover of the outdoors. I run a women’s only group fitness business in north-west Melbourne and have done since 2013. And honestly, we have the best group of women that you’ll ever meet as our members!