This bootcamp workout is a traditional circuit with a little more running involved. It’s great if you have a big group with a large variance in fitness level. The less fit clients have a balanced shot at finishing the round first.
Duration: 1 hour
Run around oval performing different indian trail techniques. Include zig-zag through the line to the front, lunge walks, drop offs, etc.
Group clients in teams of similar fitness levels. Each team must complete 2 laps of the oval with each set of exercises. This fitter the team, the more repitions on each exercise they must complete. Around the oval there are 4 stations with different exercises.
The slowest team at the end of each round has to hold 1 minute plank at the end.
You can modify this for shorter duration sessions by reducing the number of laps or reducing the number of different rounds.
These are just some sample exercises you can use. Modify for your group and equipment options.
- 1-arm Push ups on railing/fence
- Jump Squats
- Inverted bodyweight rows on railing
- Russian twist
- Pushup with 1-arm pause (this with no medicine ball)
- Forward-backward lunge (lunge forward with right leg, stand up, lunge backward with right leg, stand up, repeat)
- Seal bodyweight rows (Position yourself length ways under the railing. Pull you body up bringing your head to the right side, lower and repeat with your head going to the left side. Repeat until all reps are completed.)
- Plank reach (this but ensure clients keep their neck/spine neutral)
- Band shoulder press
- Prone pulldowns
- Side plank arm raise (hold side plank while raising arm from side up to sky and back down again)
I had 4 teams, although in hindsight 3 teams/levels would have been enough. I decided on the teams based on their last fitness test. Each team had a corresponding level of repetitions to complete:
- Level 1 – 15 reps
- Level 2 – 20 reps
- Level 3 – 25 reps
- Level 4 – 30 reps
Complete another slow lap of the oval and then set up mats for stretching.