Guess How Many
Workout Length: 40 minutes
- Board game template with numbers.
- Power point slideshow or flash cards with different products on one side and number of calories in 100g on the other side.
- If you use power point – a laptop or a tablet.
- Dice and tokens for each team.
- List of exercises or mini workouts assigned to each numbered space on the board game.
In slow pace:
- 45 sec in standing position tap your toes alternatively (right hand, left foot)
- 45 sec in push up position tap your toes alternatively (right hand, left foot)
- 45 sec in squat position, raise one leg and tap your toes alternatively (right hand, left foot)
- 45 sec lying down on your back, knees bent, crunch and tap your toes alternatively (right hand, left foot)
Repeat this set in moderate pace and again in as fast as possible pace.
It’s a team competition so we need to split the group into two teams.
The workout is based on a classic roll and move board game. It requires a lot of prep work if you would like to make it completely from scratch (of course you can use my templates – see link below) but it is a funny and very educational fitness game.
Reach the last space on the board game.
- Respectively, each team member rolls the dice and moves the team token on the board following the number indicated by the dice.
- After the move it draws a card with calorie question (or you can show the slide on your laptop or tablet as I did). The team have now 15 seconds to guess how many calories are in the product on the card. It is allowed to make only +- 10 calories mistake. If the answer is correct, they can skip the exercise and earn one more dice throw. If the answer is wrong or there is no answer at all, they do exercise or mini workout which is assigned to each numbered space on the board game.
- Each team member do the exercise or mini workout individually. However, faster team members can help the others to reach desired number of repetitions.
- After everyone from a team complete its exercise, they can roll the dice again.
- If it happens that one team complete the exercise while the other is rolling the dice, they wait for they turn in plank/high plank position.
- To complete the game you have to throw exact number that is needed to move the token to the last space on the board game.
- Once one team complete the game, have them run on the treadmill until the other team finish or time is up. You can also start the game from start again.
I used only bodyweight exercises but obviously you can switch them to any other, using equipment you have and picking exercises your group love/hate the most.
I am the owner of No Excuses Personal Training in Heidelberg (Germany). I also have been running indoor and outdoor bootcamp classes for 2 years.