Towards the end of each bootcamp I like to throw in one or two really tough workouts. This workout is super high intensity and is designed to raise the heart rate near to it’s maximum.
Use with caution, you need a fit group with a great attitude to run this workout well. Be a stickler for technique at all times, even though your clients are competing, make sure you get them to slow down and do it pproperly if their form gets sloppy.
Duration: 1 hour
Huddle shuffle warmup – 5 minutes
Heart rate lifter
As a group perform 3 rounds of the following circuit. Spend 60 seconds on each exercise in the first round, 40 seconds in the second round and 20 seconds in the third round.
- Massive climbers (forward lunge with hands touching the ground)
- Squat jumps
Split the group into 3 or 4 handicapped teams.
In their teams clients must complete as many burpees as possible in 2 minutes. The team with the highest total number wins. The teams that lose must perform an extra 20 reps of the assisting exercise at the end of the round.
The only rule is that clients can only perform 10 burpees at a time, they then must complete 5 reps of the assisting exercise (The exercise after the ‘|’) before completing another 10 burpees.
- Burpees | Crunches w/ legs in table top
- Burpees w/ pushups | Crunches w/ legs straight
- Burpees w/ knee slap tuck jump | Super crunch (Right oblique crunch, left oblique crunch, straight crunch, repeat)
- Non-plyometric burpees | Plank Pikes
400m jog followed by stretching.