This workout is an entry in our annual Bootcamp Ideas competition from Nicki Liddle.
Workout type: Strength, High Intensity, Muscular Endurance
Length: 45 minutes
HIIT Stations 4×4
- high knees
- bum kicks
- wide leg jumps
- running/drop bears (drop onto your stomach when “drop bears” is called out)
- direction change (when “change” is called out)
- lateral runs
40 secs on/10secs change exercise. 30 secs change station.
The sequence of the stations depends on how many you have:
1. The stations can be run by having 1-4 people per station who rotate the 4 exercises before moving to the next station. If you have enough equipment you can have more than one person performing each exercise.
2. The whole group can work at one station at a time before moving to the next.
- Jump rope
- Jumping jack burpees
- Step straddle squat jump
- Bench/box jumps
- Mt Climbers
- Star jumps
- Sprints 10m
- Two step lateral runs (running laterally two steps then switching leading leg – repeat)
- Kettle bell swings
- KB thrusters (one arm at a time – thrusting KB into the air – one arm press)
- KB Squats
- KB up downs (drop to knees, back up to feet while holding KBs)
- Elevated push ups (feet elevated on a step)
- Man makers
- DB Lateral raises
- DB lunges (holding above your head)
I’m a 42 year old mother of two who runs outdoor group fitness sessions as well as outdoor PT sessions. I am into extreme obstacle course racing especially Tough Mudder.
Find me at Nix Body Works PT.
Otherwise sign up to the mailing list below to get access to all of the competition entries and cast your vote.
Get more like this each week
If you liked this post, sign up to the email list and get new ideas sent to you weekly!