Hill of a Good Time
5-10mins of dynamic warm-ups drills
Takes around 25 minutes.
- Perform a unique “good time drill”
- 10 count Mt Climbers (always performed in a central location at the bottom of the hill)
- Hill Sprint (long enough to take 2-3 minutes round trip – do multiples if you only have a short hill)
Repeat with the next ‘good time drill’.
Good Time Drills
- 50 Heel Clicks (use hurdles or short cones if you have them)
- Burpee Broad Jumps (designated length roughly 25 yds)
- Single Arm Overhead Traveling Lunges (designated length roughly 25 yds) (use kettlebells, dumbbells, etc. or just do rotational lunges)
- 50 “V-Ups”/Jackknife situps
- 50 “Pogo Hops” (25R/25 L) (Single leg jumps. Touch ground then touch hands above head when you stand up and jump on your single leg)
- 50 Side Hip Brides (25R/25L)
Cool-down and Stretch
DJ Stover is Personal Trainer in Pittsburgh, PA. DJ is a graduate of the National Personal Trainer Institute (NPTI) as well as a graduate from Penn State University with a B.S. in Information Sciences and Technology. In addition to being a full-time personal trainer, DJ currently serves as a reservist for the Air Force where he is the Physical Trainer Monitor for his squadron and intramural sports captain.
Find out more about him and his business at Bride Pride.
Got a workout that you would like to share? Does DJ’s workout give you ideas for your own variation? Submit your own workout and share the love.
Image: paul bica