I like to run themed challenge workouts to mix it up a bit. Make sure you psych your clients out as the session progresses to keep them hungry. Finish up the session with a good pep talk congratulating them on a job well done and highlighting good performances.
Goals: Tyres HIIT
Duration: 1 hour
Mats, a heap of tyres (at least 1pp), battling rope
30 seconds of pushups, burpees and bent knee plank. Repeat twice.
3 rounds of 90-60-30 seconds:
- Prisoner Squats
- Tyre OH Press
- Crunch w twist
Storm the beach
- Move the tyres and rope up the beach in waves (use cones to mark each wave).
- Move all tires first and then rope.
- Time the first run and then have the group attempt to beat the run each repeated time.
Cover the base
- Set up cones in a square.
- Have clients line tires up in a row between 2 cones. Leave around a meter between tires.
- Run patrol by zig zagging through tires and bear crawl back to start.
- Change which edge of the square they must patrol. (Clients will have to move tyres each time)
Tire pass – seated
- Clients sit back to front in a line.
- Must pass tyres over head to the person infront/behind.
- Once tyre is passed, client hopes up and runs to the other end of the line to receive the tire again.
- 1 leg table top
- Elbow plank w hip drop