After all of those bootcamp games (and more games) last week I thought a good boxing circuit would be a nice change of pace. You don’t need much boxing equipment so don’t shy away if you don’t have a dozen sets of boxing gloves and mitts. This workout is thanks to Jamie Keiffer.
…with a light run, quick stretch
8 circuit style stations, 90 to 120 seconds per station.
- Weighted ab twists (up 1/2 way and twist with med ball at chest)
- Jump rope
- Band punches (wrap band around a tree and with your back to the tree, punch outward (crosses))
- Run either laps or stairs
- Band rows (wrap band around a tree and facing the tree, perform rows)
- Push ups (regular or walking)
- Boxer’s feet (with light weights in hand have participants shadow box staying light on their feet)
Depending on the # in your group this can be done as a station or as a group. 60 to 90 seconds per person. I have 7 people so we did it as a group. Have one participant time while each person takes a turn boxing with gloves on with trainer using focus mitts. I make it more intense by moving around so they have the challenge of directional changes, while hitting, while not holding their breath ! (VERY common!) This includes moving towards them and away, left, right, and around. Members of the group are usually yelling encouragement, especially when we go full speed in the last 10 seconds! This thoroughly exhausts participants!
Most people never have the opportunity to box so they are always surprised at how hard it is!
About workout deviant
Jamie Keiffer is a Mom of two who decided after 20 years of being a fitness participant to become an independent fitness instructor in Colorado. She currently teaches Zumba, Bodypump, Bodycombat, Taebo, Kickboxing and Bootcamp.
Update on bootcamp game competition
Voting for the competition will start this weekend, so keep using those games in your bootcamps and to remember your favourites!