Today’s workout is from regular contributor Sean McCrory.
Sean didn’t supply a workout name so I have dubbed it…
The McCrory Bootcamp Challenge
This is a team based session with the idea being to accumulate as many points as possible for your team. Start by putting your Campers into evenly matched fitness group and get them to come up with a team name. Give teams 60 seconds to develop a strategy based on the below exercises.
The session is timed with two 20 minute halves and at half time have a 5 minute recovery. At half time trainer does a score update.
1. Campers can not repeat an exercise until completing all the others on the below list.
2. Once the 20 minute is up only competed exercises will count on the score board.
3. Campers keep their own score (I had four small white boards in use)
- 50 Crunches
- 25 Push Up
- 50 Star Jumps
- 25 Spilt Lunges
- 1 lap of a oval or run 400mtrs
- 100 Calf Raises
- 35 Coffins (lying flat on back, legs straight with hands across chest, then conduct full sit up)
- 60 Waves (feet and hands flat on ground and then raise hips, alternate lifting one hand in the air)
- 25 Shuttle Runs (over 25mtrs)
- 30 Burpees
- 100 Squats
- 50 Ground Dips
The session was a huge success with Campers giving 100% for their team.
Image: Port of San Diego