Sometimes you need a little buffer when boot campers are tired of strength circuits and counting reps. I like to break it up by adding a quick cardio or core blast in between circuits so that the workout has a nice balance. This drill combines both, and is timed, so campers can go until you give them the go ahead to lie down on the floor in defeat.
The Triple Threat: Cardio and Core Killer
You’ll need an interval timer. Set it for: 30 seconds of work; 10 seconds of rest; x 9 (6 minutes total).
This means each exercise in the round will be done 3 times as a circuit.
I like to set aside time for 2 different rounds to use in between bigger circuits , OR use all four rounds (with 2 minute rests in between) for a 30 minute workout!
- 1 Push Up + 1 Frogger (keeping hands on the ground, jump feet to outside of hands then back to push up position)
- Mountain Climbers (4 total) + Shoulder Taps (2 total. 1 for each shoulder)
- Wood Chops
- Side Plank Bridges
- Double Hop Squat (Squat + 2 hops feet together)
- Standing Cross Crunch
- Scissor Kicks
- Squat Hop + Split Hop (Squat + 1 hop feet together + 1 split jump + 1 hop feet together + 1 split jump on other leg)
- Standing 1-leg rotation (Standing on 1 leg with other knee raised, extend both arms out with palms together. Balance on 1-leg while rotation the upper body from one side to the other. The higher the knee is raised, the more difficult the move.)
- Elbow Plank Pike (Starting in a low plank, push hips up and back into a pike position from the elbows. Return to plank position. Regress this by just holding a low plank.)
Give it a try and let me know how your bootcampers did!
Get 21 days of free Bootcamp Ideas
Get 3 drills per week plus, learn how to plan your workout from inception to fully done and be inspired!