Time: approx 5 min
Get the campers to spread out in a line side by side and assume the plank position. Make sure they have a small gap either side to exercise.
Follow this sequence:
- Plank 10 seconds followed by 10 press ups.
- Plank 20 seconds followed by 10 press ups
- plank 30 seconds followed by 10 press ups.
- plank 40 seconds followed by 10 press ups.
- plank 50 seconds followed by 10 press ups.
- plank 60 seconds followed by 10 press ups.
When the campers finish they will immediately perform a simple suicide running drill with ten markers spread out to their front. So, first marker and back, second marker and back and so on. Once they reach the tenth marker they are to crawl back to the start.
- This drill should be performed continuously until finished.
- After the group have performed a set of press ups the stop watch will start when everybody is back in the plank position.
- Knees must be off the floor at all times.
- For beginners alter time and reps.
I tried this for the first time this morning with my intermediate/advance group and they just scraped through.
About the sadist creator
I run a fitness bootcamp in Plymouth (uk) www.sound-fitness.co.uk
P.S. Check out Leon’s website. He calls his bootcamp Team Training which I think is a great way to remove a lot of the negative connotations associated with the word bootcamp.
Image: The U.S. Army
Kyle Wood created Bootcamp Ideas in 2010 when he was hunting around on the internet for workout ideas. He ran a successful bootcamp in Victoria, Australia and spends his spare time managing this site, adventuring (or lazying) with his wife and find new ways to make bootcamps even better.